Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Love-Hate Relationship: L'OREAL's Voluminous Million Lashes

When you see Eva Longoria modeling this mascara, you can't help but notice her fantastic, voluminous, elegant lashes! I mean, who doesn't want luscious eyelashes?! Obviously, I got sucked into purchasing this product! The colour that I purchased is in Blackest Black (number 635).


This mascara claims to do the following:
  • No clump formula - buildable formula that amplifies each lash instantly. It glides on smoothly and lasts all day, while thickening and separating every lash
  • Millionizer Brush - uniquely designed to amplify and separate lashes from corner to corner while building breathtaking volume
  • Clean Sweep Wiping System - built-in wiper ensure that just the right amount of formula is deposited on the brush for the ultra-volumized, defined lashes.
  • suitable for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes
  • fragrance-free
  • allergy tested



I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Some make-up gurus swear by this product, while others dislike it! 

I must say that the packaging is quite glamorous- a very different option for most L'oreal mascara products. The sleek, gold reflecting plastic tube makes it easy to locate in a large make-up bag. Out of all the drugstore mascaras that I have ever purchased, by far, this mascara has the best packaging. 



I was sucked into purchasing L'oreal's newest mascara because it had the "clean sweep wiping system". My biggest pet peeve for mascaras is definitely a formula that creates uncessary clumps on the brush. When L'oreal came out for their newest idea of having a sweep wiping system that ensures the perfect amount of formula being deposited on the brush, I knew I had to try it out.

The mascara does not clump at all! This is one of the mascaras that I have ever tried that doesn't clump at all when you pull out the wand from the tube! Therefore, L'oreal's new wiper system definitely works.

In terms of providing volume, the formula is very wet. I find that wet mascaras do not provide as much volume as dry-based mascaras.  In fact, they do not work well for skimpy, thin, short eyelashes; it's the dry mascaras that are helpful and provides the necessary lengthening and volume! So, because the formula was quite wet, I did not enjoy applying this to my lashes.

However, their "Millionizer Brush" is the downfall of this product. Their brush claims to amplify and separate lashes from corner to corner while building breathtaking volume, but I tend to disagree with that. The brush is very flimsy! It's so flimsy that even putting the mascara brush back into the tube is a hassle. The brush and wand itself BENDS! I remember the first time I finished using the product and was placing it back inside the tube.... I almost snapped the wand! For such elegant packaging, L'oreal definitely did not spend the time and money on their brush and wand.

L'oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black colour


I will still continue to use this mascara and try to finish the product. If I do start to love this mascara, I will definitely make a comment! For now, it's still a love-hate relationship.

INDULGE.

6 comments:

  1. OH no! I really wanted to buy that too (the wiper convinced me), but that sucks. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the brush isn't that great... but if I do end up liking the product more, I will tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, have you tried Maybelline's Lash Stilletto mascaras?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have tried that when it first came out. The brush is good (compared to L'oreal's voluminous million lashes), but the formula smudged ALLOT...

    The best mascara so far.. hands down would definitely be Covergirl Lashblast (orange tube) and Maybelline Flasies! great mascaras that you should definitely give a try.

    INDULGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to! The thing with me is not so much volume, it's more definition (my lashes clump together a lot), I'm definitely going to try those when my normal one is finished (... being economical is a pain...).

    Have you also tried the L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum? I find it works wonders for me, lengthening and boosting my lashes. Maybe it would work for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am actually currently using the L'oreal Lash Boosting serum! I'm still trying it out...
    I'll actually make a review on it soontimes :)

    ReplyDelete