Tuesday, February 1, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara

First off, I am a mascara fanatic! I wear mascara every single day to give my eyes that POP! Sometimes, I find out some mascaras tend to dry out my lashes and create more fall-out. Since then, I've been on the hunt for a good mascara with conditioning properties. 

I have purchased various ranges of drugstore mascaras, but I brought Lancome's Definicils Precious Cells mascara when I heard great reviews online and in blogs.

Obviously, I had to try it out myself!




This product comes in only 2 colours: black, which I've purchased or brown.

Lancome Definicils Precious Cells mascara in brown colour


The benefits of using Lancome's Definicils Precious Cells mascara includes the following:
  • Regenerates the condition of lashes on contact
  • Fortifies lashes to ensure minimized lash fall-out
  • Defines and thickens for a lash-by-lash fullness
  • Ophthalmologist-tested and suitable for contact lens wearers

I have found that it does regenerate and condition my lashes with their new formula, and since I wear contact lens throughout the day, it doesn't irritate my eyes (like some mascaras) at all. And most definitely, with 3 months of using this mascara, I have noticed that the product minimized lash fall-out.
In terms of thickening and defining my lashes, I do have the skimpiest, thinnest eye lashes known to human kind! I did notice that it thickened my lashes, but not as much compared to Maybelline's Falsies mascara!

The technology behind Lancome's Definicils Precious Cells mascara sounds extra complex, but it's simple:
  • Hyaluronic acid known for hydration
  • Madecassoside, an ingredient known for its strengthening properties
  • Arginine, an amino acid known for its nourishing properties
  • Multi-faceted brush designed to deliver optimal amount of product, while delivering lash by lash separation

The brush is very unique as well- the bristles are small, but it does its job effectively! It grabs onto your lashes and defines them lash by lash.

Lancomes's Definicils Precious Cells mascara in black


There is a particular smell to this mascara, but then again, what kind of mascara doesn't?! I guess it's just something we all have to get used to when applying mascara!


Overall, the product's formula is great. it separates my lashes without clumping. It honestly does have nourishing products, for I've noticed less lash fall out when I'm taking off my mascara.
Because I have skimpy, thin eye lashes, Lancome's Definicils Precious Cells mascara has a rather dry formula (compared to other ones), which is the best for defining thin eye lashes.

It may seem like any mascara is perfect for everybody, but there are specific mascaras that certain individuals should pay more attention to. For an example, if you have thick lashes, a wet formula is best for application! As well, the brush of the mascara is obviously very important in terms of what you want for your eye lashes.

If you do have the budget of investing in a more high-end mascara, then you should definitely try Lancome's Definicils Precious Cells mascara!

INDULGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment