Wednesday, February 9, 2011

C.O. BIGELOW Rose Salve

For those who are enjoy Korres lip butter, I've got another fantastic lip product!
I purchased this recently form Bath & Body Works, and I've been reaching for this product every 3 hours.

C.O Bigelow's Rose Salve was approximately $7 (Canadian) from Bath & Body Works. It's a more affordable option compared to Korres lip butter, which costs approximately $15-18 (Canadian).




This product can be used for anything & everything. According to the packaging, you can use it for lips (which is what I've been doing), cuticles, face, knees or anything that needs extra moisture during these cold months. Basically, it's like your all-in-one product, which is perfect for everybody.
I have actually applied the product on my elbows and knees after my shower, and it works exactly like a hydrating body lotion. Using this product on your cuticles is another benefit- you get to save $10-15 from buying cuticle oil (who doesn't want to save some extra money these days?!)

The product does have rose extract (hence the name and 9%, to be exact). It's not a strong fragrant, but some people hate the smell. For me, I love it and I've definitely gotten use to the scent. For those who dislike the rose scent, Bath & Body Works has informed me that there will be more C.O. Bigelow products in the Spring (VERY SOON!). The new flavours will most likely be along the lines of berries.

The packaging is adorable. It comes in a small tin case, but the case is sometimes hard to open- especially if you've applied lotion on your hands before. As well, you need to use your fingers to apply the product, so that's another downside to the product. Using your fingers to apply lip balm on your lips may spread bacteria.




I bring up the product of Korres lip butter because C.o Bigelow's Rose Salve actually reminds me of it. The packaging and especially the formula of the product are almost identical! These products are both moisturizing and lasts long your lips. However, Korres lip butter is much thicker compared to Rose Salve. There's a tint to both products, but I would say that Rose Salve's tint is not as pigmented as Korres lip butter.

So, for those who are looking for a more affordable lip product, definitely try out C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve (or any of their products!) You can check out their website here at Bigelow Chemists.
For my Korres lip butter review, check out this link: Korres Lip Butter.

INDULGE.

7 comments:

  1. That's great! I'm always looking out for things for my knees and elbows - this sounds very moisturizing. I tried out something LIKE this (I'm not sure of what it's called, I'll comment on the name when I find the tin) but it's almost the same, just a palm-sized tin, that I was given and saw later on at Walmart. It's really greasy, but it does the job (it has the same packaging and label-typeface too) BUT it's a lavender scent, and combined with the product, the smell is gross. This helps, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely share what the product was when you get the chance.

    This lip balm is my all-time favourite. You should check it out when you head to Bath & Body works for your "carried away" lotion! :)

    INDULGE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it!
    It's called J.R.WATKINS Hand & Cuticle Salve. According to the label, it's 100% all natural, but not oil-free (Chamomile oil). There's 59g in it and says it will 'soothe and protect dry, rough skin including hands, cuticles, elbows, feet and heels'.

    It works... maybe I'll try another scent? And I'm DEFINITELY getting the lip balm :) I agree with you too, the tin is ridiculously hard to open at times (I'm trying to open it right now >.<).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I noticed that you're very concerned about bacteria in the products that you use (as we all should be). I once saw something at Shoppers' or The Bay that was a 'makeup cleaner' - in the form of sprays or moistened, disposable towelettes. I once got one as a sample, and it seemed to work pretty well. It said that it clears the bacteria off anything without you having to wipe it (spray) so it was perfect for tins or pots of things (like powder foundation compacts or pots of liquid eyeliner or gloss)and the towelettes were for brushes and mascara wands. You should check it out! I'm afraid I don't know the name though :(.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try and get my hands on J.R.WATKINS Hand & Cuticle Salve just to see how it is. I haven't ever seen it though, but I will hunt it down :)!
    Yes, the tin is a hassle to open at times... it seems as if sometimes it is suctioned in, which is so annoying.
    When Bath & Body Works has their line of C.O. Bigelow's lip salve, definitely pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never actually heard of a spray used for cleaning potted lip balms. However, I have heard of sprays for cleaning brushes....?

    I will also try and see if there are such sprays for potted lip balms. It will definitely come in handy!

    Thanks so much for your suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly it, suctioned! I swear I saw it at Walmart, so try there.

    AND I found the name! The product line is called "Beauty So Clean"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T6eCAhmT4

    No problem! And thanks so much for your reviews, <3 :).

    ReplyDelete