Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Top 10 Favourites of 2010

1) URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTE 

The most coveted Urban Decay's Naked Palette obviously had to be on my top 10 favourites for 2010! Everybody who can get ahold of this palette should definitely purchase it. It is quite expensive, but the palette does come with 12 colours and 2 of Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil as well as their poplar potion primer!
It is currently sold out of stock in Sephora stores and online, but good things do come with patience, so if you really want this palette, contact Sephora and ask them when their next shipment would be in.
My favourite colours from this palette includes "Sin, Virgin, Smog, Toasted and Half Baked"

2) BENEFIT: GIRL MEETS PEARL


First off, the packaging is gorgeous. It's a pearly cream pink colour tube that twists at the bottom to allow the product out from the top.
The product has a particular scent that I can't put my hands on, but the scent is not bad; it actually reminds me of vanilla!
this product is known as a "liquid pearl for face", or also known as a highlighter. It can be used on your cheekbones and on the bridge of your nose; wherever light hits the most.

The product applies very smooth and looks natural under foundation, and it has small pearls of gold specks in it, which highlights your skin perfectly!

3) OPI NAILPOLISH: BRING ON THE BLING

The famous movie "Burlesque" teamed up with OPI to create a line of holiday nail polishes. My favourite colour would be "Bring on the Bling". It's basically a gold colour nail polish with red, green and gold sparkles. This was perfect for the holidays and I wore it constantly during my Christmas break!

4) LAURA MERCIER OIL FREE FOUNDATION PRIMER


For those who wear foundation constantly, a primer may be helpful. I have been using Laura Mercier's Oil free foundation primer for more than a year and it has shown great results.
It makes your foundation application apply smoother and it stays longer throughout the day. As well, it evens out your skin tone when applied alone.
I also enjoy it because it is oil-free, which is great for people who tend to have oily skin or acne.

5) MAYBELLINE MASCARA: THE FALSIES VOLUME EXPRESS

When this mascara first came out, it had mixed reviews. It claims to make your eyelashes appear as if you had false eyelashes on. Even though this product doesn't have that effect on me since I have skimpy, little eyelashes, it does provide volume and lengthens my lashes quite well.
The brush design is quite unique- it has a flat end with a scoop to provide length and the other end with thicker bristles to add scrumptious volume for your eyelashes.
So far, I am enjoying this product and will re-purchase when I am done with the tube.

6) NEUTROGENA MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES IN NIGHT CALMING

I have used many makeup remover wipes, but so far this is the best ones I have tried. All other makeup remover wipes have caused my skin to become itchy and red, but the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes are more than perfect for my skin.

Because they are night calming, they smell like lavender, which is a bonus! The package comes with 25 pre-moistened wipes. The makeup wipes themselves are quite large and can wipe off all your makeup, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara efficiently. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and refreshed without the feeling of dryness!

7) THE BALM: HOT MAMA BLUSH

Many people usually purchase NARS infamous Orgasm blush, but in my opinion, the sparkles are way too heavy for my skin tone.
I find that the Balm Hot Mama blush is a better option and price. The colour is gorgeous- pinky red with small flecks of gold.
I use it as a blush, but the packaging says you can also use it as a shadow, which is another plus!
If you do get the chance to step into a Sephora, definitely swatch this blush/eyeshawdow- the colour compliments so many skin tones.

8) VERA WANG PRINCESS

Vera Wang Princess rollerball

Vera Wang Princess

I usually change my mind about scents very often, so I purchased the Vera Wang Princess perfume in a roller ball.
The packaging is cute- it has gold hearts on it and the amount of perfume is sufficient- i still haven't used it all up YET.

I enjoy this scent so much because the top notes of this perfume include Apricot, Mandarin Orange, Apple and Water Lily. The heart notes include Tuberose, Pink Guava, Dark Chocolate and the soft and elegant Tiare flower. The fragrance dries down to a base of Amber, Vanilla and Woodsy notes.
The scent was my go-to scent during the whole summer of 2010.

9) RIMMEL LIPSTICK: AIRY FAIRY (070)

For those MAC lipstick lovers of Viva Glam V, Rimmel's Airy Fairy is the perfect dupe.
MAC lipsticks sell for $17.50 (without tax). However, at your local drugstore (ie: Shoppers Drugmart), I purchased Airy Fairy for less than $5 (on sale!)

The colour can be described as pink with a small hint of shimmery gold.

10) CLARISONIC MIA in pink

This is basically a toothbrush for your face. Although quite expensive, this product has done wonders for my skin. It is safe to use twice daily and it cleanses and exfoliates your skin so effectively that all your pores from oil and makeup are removed.

I suggest before purchasing the Clarisonic, it's best to see product reviews on it.
You can purchase your Clarisonic at Sephora or at an online Sephora store.

2 comments:

  1. We're happy to hear that the Clarisonic Mia has worked wonders for your skin. Thank you for suggesting it to others too. If you ever have questions you can find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or facebook.com/Clarisonic. We'd love to hear more from you. Happy New Year and happy cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on doing a more in depth review of the Clarisonic Mia. Yes, I love it that much.... :)

    ReplyDelete