Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Product Review: LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub

"Gently rub a little peppermint and chocolate sugar onto your lips and scrub them soft and smooth"


Mint Julips is made from a special oil called Jojoba oil, where it is light and very softening. The castor sugar is used as a fine exfoliant that scrubs without being too abrasive. As well, peppermint oil is used to give it that "minty" taste and smell that leaves our lips feeling refreshed. By having soft lips, it provides a smooth canvas for the application of lipsticks and lip gloss that will last longer.


I got this product during Christmas from one of my sisters and I've been loving it ever since!
Winter is the season where my lips get chapped easily, so to solve that problem: I have really wanted to try out LUSH's lip scrubs.

Their lip scrubs come in many flavours: mint chocolate (my favourite!), bubble gum and cranberry, just to name a few.



BTW, for those who are not familiar with the company LUSH, all their products are freshly hand made.

When I first opened the product, the smell was amazing- it was two of my favourite things in the world combined: MINT & CHOCOLATE.

For this product, definitely a little goes a long way. All you need is a pea sized amount on your lips and that can exfoliate your whole lip area and leave it feeling soft and smooth!
Some may find this weird, but I do know people who do eat the sugar scrub on their lips instead of wiping it away with a napkin.
I will admit, I have tried that and Mint Julips tasted delicious!



The container holds about 0.8 oz. of lip scrub and it costs approximately $13 (Canadian), but because a little goes a long way, I don't see myself finishing this anytime soon.
I've been using it for a month now, and it looks just like the first day I've opened it!

So far, I am enjoying this product. I use it twice a day; once in the afternoon when my lips get a tad bit chapped and once before bedtime. I will definitely be purchasing this again when I am finished with this lip scrub!

Check out LUSH's website for more of their products: http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/lip-balms-and-scrubs/mint-julip

No comments:

Post a Comment