Monday, January 17, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: Victoria Secret's Deep-nourishing Lip & Body Moisture Balm

When my near-by shopping mall opened up a Victoria Secret store, I obviously I had to go in and purchase some items. One of the items I purchased was from their body care line.

During these cold winter months, I thought that purchasing a moisturizing balm from Victoria Secret would provide me with moisturized and nourished skin. Boy, was I ever wrong! 




Their "deep-nourishing lip and body moisture balm" DIDN'T provide as much nourishment as the product had calmed. This product comes in a tube form (approximately 0.35 oz.), which is small enough to carry around in your pocket, purse or bag.

This product can be applied to anywhere- from dried cuticles to chapped lips and elbows. When I first purchased this product, I thought the formula would be thick and moisturizing, but after using it for 5 months, I've come to the conclusion that I dislike this product more and more.

Although the ingredients include Shea, Jojoba and Cocoa Butters, which are suppose to be the greatest ingredients for providing moisture onto dry skin, this product's formula was terrible. I will admit, though, that the formula is smooth, but it's not thick enough to moisturize those areas that are chapped. The smell can be described as "tropical", so if you're into that kind of smell, then most likely you'll enjoy this one! In my opinion, it's not really one of my favourites.

The formula is not thick at all; it doesn't smooth or heal chapped lips. Because the formula is so thin, I tend to use allot more product than needed. Even though I apply more product, the balm just seems to melt off my skin after 10 minutes without even hydrating or moisturizing it at all!

I have tried other body care products from Victoria Secret, and all of them are very moisturizing. However, there's just something about this product that doesn't help my dry skin at all! This product was approximately $10 Canadian, and I definitely will not re-purchase after I finish this tube of product.

No comments:

Post a Comment